What can I say but wow! Our very own Loving Relationship Team member, Karyn, got a marriage proposal On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Karyn was swept off her feet by her ‘Good Man,’ Sean. You will hear one of the most heart-felt and romantic proposals ever. I have now heard this proposal audio about 5 times, and I still get misty-eyed due to Sean overwhelming words of love and adoration. Grab your tissues because you’ll need them! (See Sean’s loving proposal video and written out below .)
Tamara: Sean, what is it about Karyn that made you fall head over heels in love with her?
Sean: I could go on all day about Karyn’s attributes, but these are the main three:
- Karyn is generosity itself. The overwhelming care that she shows for those around her is staggering. She is the most selfless person I know and would give you the shirt off of her back, if need be. She is kind to strangers and her love for her family and friends is deep and true. She always goes the extra mile.
- I love Karyn’s imagination. She is constantly dreaming and always wants to build, paint or create. Her creative side comes out, especially when she’s playing with her niece and nephews. Whether it’s an idea for a story, a home project or names of our future kids, her imagination keeps my own creative juices flowing. Karyn is never complacent.
- Karyn is serene and the most genuine person I’ve ever met. She never pretends to be someone she is not, nor has she ever said a bad thing about a person behind his or her back. If she offers you help, she follows through on it. Nothing is said for the sake of saying it. Karyn is a woman of her word and I trust her with all my heart.
Tamara: That’s wonderful, and, yes, I agree with everything your said about Karyn! In fact, you’ve confirmed why I chose her to be part of the Loving Relationship Team. She’s the best. Sean, what are the three main attributes of your relationship?
- Motivation – We always encourage each other to chase our dreams and conquer our goals. And more than that, we are there to help each other in addition to just offering inspiring words. There is nothing we wouldn’t do for each other, to help the other succeed.
- Communication – This attribute is a two-parter. First, we have our own unique pet names for each other (that very few people know). They are terms of endearment that is just for us, that makes us feel like we’ve got an inside joke that no one else is in on. Second, Karyn and I make sure we don’t allow small annoyances to grow into resentment. We are clear with each other about our issues, so that we can work on them and progress as a couple.
- Dating – When you spend so much time just coexisting in the same living space, it’s easy to get into a routine that lacks a spark. We make sure to find time to go out on dates and talk about our future or even just curl up on the couch together and watch a movie.
It’s important for a couple that lives together to be more than just roommates.
Tamara: Sean, everything you listed about your relationship rocks. You both know what’s necessary for a long-lasting and happy marriage. If you were to give advice to the women out there who are longing for their own loving relationship like yours and Karyn’s, what would you tell them?
Sean: If you want to make a man fall madly in love, try what Karyn did 🙂
- Dress nicely, and leave something to the imagination. Go out of your way to wear something he may have complimented you on. It shows you are listening.
- Never dumb yourself down, and don’t be afraid to show your intelligence. Real men don’t like a ditz. A woman you can talk to (AND LAUGH WITH) forever is a woman you can be with forever.
- Share your passions. Having a hobby or craft or labor of love outside of work shows that you are passionate about life.
- If you’re drinking with your love interest, keep it classy. While it may have been fun to test your alcohol limits in college, demonstrating some self-control flaunts the adult in you. Be kind to those that serve you, such as, the wait staff. It shows people who you really are.
- Show off the person you love to your friends. Be proud of them. While you don’t have to introduce them to your parents after just a month, bringing them around to your inner circle lets them know that you aren’t a dirty secret and that you aren’t ashamed to show them off.
- If you can see a glimpse of a long-term relationship, don’t rush into anything physical. Yes, romantic compatibility is important, but many other things trump it.
Tamara: Thank you Sean, these are true pearls of wisdom.
Sean: My relationship with Karyn means the world to me, and if any piece of that could help someone else, I wanted to share it.
Tamara: I know that what you shared has not only helped but given so much hope to single women that there are ‘Good Men’, like you, out there. Karyn is one lucky woman and you are one fortunate man. Congratulations on your engagement and I wish you and Karyn all the best for an amazing future filled with magnificent love.
Listen to Sean’s Live On-Air Proposal with Ryan Seacrest Below:
You can listen to the entire on-air lead-in to the proposal here.
mind-blowing proposal To Karyn:
I love you like the moon loves the sun for helping it shine.
You are my reason to shine, Karyn.
You are the center of my world and if the universe could grant me one wish, it would be that I could spend every last minute I have on this earth next to you.
You make me a better man, every single day.
Your warmth, your selflessness and your love are shining examples of all that is good and beautiful in this world.
In a million years, Karyn, I could never imagine anyone else as my wife, my best friend or my soul mate, because that is what you are.
The last six years together have been an absolute blessing. And even if they haven’t been, we are stronger for it.There is nothing, nothing at all that we can’t get through in this life together and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you.
I am completely and wholly in love with you.
Mahal na mahal na mahal kita. (“I love you so much” in Filipino)
I love you so so so so much. And I would go to the ends of the earth to make sure everyone knows this.
Honey, will you let me be there for you for the rest of our lives and will you marry me? Please?
You can find Sean Dane Strife on twitter @lifeofstrife